Motz seed will provide you with a beautiful, durable lawn. It contains a mixture of Fescue and Perennial Ryegrass – ideal for quick germination.
• Using a pointed shovel, remove old vegetation, including rocks and debris
• Loosen compacted soil to a depth of 2” – 3” with a rotary tiller
• Rake or grade to a smooth, even contour for drainage
• Evenly spread seed at a rate of 8 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
• Work this seed into the top ¼” of soil using a leaf rake or drag mat
• Tip: A yard that measures 4,500 sq. ft. divided by 1,000 is 4.8 x 8 lbs. = 36. That means you will need 36 lbs. of seed.
• Apply a starter fertilizer at the recommended rate
• Establishing a good fertilization program will help control week infestations
• Spread straw mulch
• One bail will cover approximately 450 sq. ft.
• This will protect the seed from erosion and help maintain moisture
• Do not remove straw mulch
• Lightly water to maintain moisture throughout germination, and continue through first mowing.
• This will guarantee best results
• Apply water during extended dry periods