Grass Seeding Services and Products
A beautiful lawn starts with high-quality grass seed and professional seeding. If you’re thinking of seeding or re-seeding your property, contact us today. We offer guidance in choosing the right grass seed mixture for your lawn, ensure your yard is properly prepped, and apply the grass seed using our own equipment. Whether it’s a small problem spot, or a complete yard renovation, we can get the job done efficiently and quickly.
Premium seed offered in 5 lb, 10 lb, 25 lb, and 50 lb bags.
Motz Tips for Successful Seeding
Motz grass seed will provide you with a beautiful, durable lawn and it contains a mixture of Fescue and Perennial Ryegrass – ideal for quick germination. 1. Preparation:
• Using a pointed shovel, remove old vegetation, including vegetation, rocks and debris
• Loosen compacted soil to a depth of 2” or more
• Rake or grade to a smooth, even contour for surface drainage
• Evenly spread seed at a rate of 8 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
• Work this seed into the top ¼” of soil using a leaf rake or drag mat
• Tip: A yard that measures 4,500 sq. ft. divided by 1,000 is 4.8 x 8 lbs. = 36. That means you will need 36 lbs. of seed.
• Apply a starter fertilizer at the recommended rate
• Establishing a good fertilization program will help promote healthy turf
• Spread straw mulch covering 90% of bare soil
• One bail will cover approximately 450 sq. ft.
• Straw will protect the seed and limit erosion while helping maintain moisture
• Do not remove straw mulch
• Lightly water to maintain moisture throughout germination, and continue through first mowing.
• This will guarantee best results
• Apply water during extended dry periods